I had no idea they did this but apparently most Halloween pranks are covered by your regular car insurance policy. CarInsurance.com lists five pranks that insurance will take care of.
1. Broken windows. A comprehensive plan covers broken glass, no matter how it got broken. But in most states you'd need to pay the deductible, unless you took the zero deductible option for window replacement.
2. Slashed tires. Covered, but they'll take out depreciation costs. So don't slash your own tires just because they're old.
3. Egged vehicle. If the egg dries, it could damage the paint. Typically your insurance plan will only cover a new paint job for the damaged area.
4. Sugar in the gas tank. This might not be such a big deal, because filters can take it out. But if you need to clean out the gas tank and fuel lines, it'll be covered.
5. Flying pumpkins. Comprehensive insurance covers all kinds of flying missiles pebbles and rocks, falling branches, and even pumpkins.